09 April 2005

Opening Day

Welcome to my site.
Welcome to my site, Testimonium perhibeam veritati. This is a Latin phrase from John 18:37. Jesus, beaten and bruised, appears before Pontius Pilate. Those that hand Him over to Pilate accuse Him of calling Himself the King of the Jews. Pilate asks Christ if he is indeed a king and gets this answer: "For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth."
The purpose of this site is to continue in Christ's mission: giving testimony to the truth. So what is the truth? Jesus is the Truth. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Now Christ promised that He would be with His church until the end of time. The Holy Spirit abides in the Church, and therefore, the Truth is in the Church. Conversely, the Church is Truth.
This site is dedicated to Jesus Christ and to the Blessed Virgin Mary, in memory of His Holiness Pope John Paul II (The Great). May God be pleased with it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
I stumbled across this when looking at recently visited sites on my computer. I am amazed and so proud. What a great site! Keep up the good work.
~Love~
Catholic Mom

May 29, 2005 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I really like the idea that you are a beliver and lover of God.

September 21, 2005 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wanted to know, what Bible do you use? King James or some other one? I don't like reading NIV cause in some verses they completely change the meaning of it. So I'd like to know your opinion about it. (oh and this was the same person from the comment before this.)

September 21, 2005 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! I've grown up on the KJV, and I've memorized quite a few verses in that version. I don't like the NIV, either. It's not sanctioned by the Church either, but leans more towards the 'dynamic equivalent' translation. While I don't have one in print I prefer the Douai(y)-Rheims translation. For a slightly easier read but still a solid translation, I really like the RSV-CE.

God bless,
Jon

September 22, 2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home