31 December 2005

Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God


Today, January 1, the Church celebrates the solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God. All of her glory and dignity comes from this title and role of hers. If she were not chosen to be the Mother of God, she would have lived an ordinary life. Instead, she was made ready to carry the Child by her Immaculate Conception. She was kept free from sin so that she could be the perfect mother for the perfect Son. She was assumed into heaven to share in the glory of her Son. Because Jesus is her son, she is a powerful intercessor. All of this comes from her being the Mother of God.

Today is also New Year's Day. We should thank God for what He has done for us this past year, and also ask Him to bless the upcoming year as we dedicate it to Him.

I have finished my paper on the Immaculate Conception. Full of Grace: The Immaculate Conception in Scripture and Tradition can be found
here in Word format.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger David Ketter said...

I'll get back to you soon...gotta read it first. ;)

January 01, 2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Knox said...

Alright. Sounds good. :)

January 08, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger CatholicMom said...

As usual I am so impressed. You did an excellent job. I liked how you showed the connection between the Ark of the old and new Covenant.
Super late, would love to say more but really need to sleep.
Off-topic: Happy Birthday DJ!!

January 10, 2006 1:52 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Knox said...

Thanks! I heard about it originally from Patrick Madrid and then did some studying and cross referencing from there. It's really interesting, things that we don't always see right off the first time we see them. And yes, happy birthday to DJ!

January 10, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger tandymartin57362591 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

January 15, 2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Adam Cummings said...

Juicy Fruiter got a hold of you... don't you hate that? Well, pretty soon I may post on Matthew 16:18-20. My translation will certainly be contra your own; however, feel free to comment once I've done it. You seem very intelligent, but, if I may be honest, I hope you will one day leave the Roman Catholic Church. As a note, I myself would call Mary the mother of Jesus, not the mother of God. Jesus was indeed God, but he was born of Mary in the flesh. She did not give birth to God... He was already alive. She gave birth to the human nature of Jesus Christ. Anyway, I wish you a great week! See you around the blogosphere...

July 01, 2006 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home