02 September 2006

150 Reasons Why I am a Catholic

I just stumbled across this awesome... I don't know what to call it... thing by Dave Armstrong. He's a Catholic apologist and a convert from Evangelical Protestantism. He's the author of quite a few Catholic apologetic books including A Biblical Defense of Catholicism and The Catholic Verses: 95 Bible Passages that Confound Protestants. I've read some excerpts online- very cool. On his blog, Cor ad cor loquitur, he has posted 150 reasons (little statements that demonstrate how the Catholic Church is the Church of the New Testament and Tradition. He includes a disclaimer that I'd like to paraphrase here. He isn't out to slam Protestantism, just to point out the errors of Protestant beliefs and show the Truth of Catholic beliefs. Also, not every point applies to every Protestant/Evangelical group... With that said, go check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger CatholicMom said...

Cool site, Jon. Thanks for sharing.

September 09, 2006 12:18 AM  
Blogger Adam Cummings said...

This is all very sad, Jon. Truth be told, however, you cannot say that you are a Christian and will soon become a Catholic (1 John 2:19). I really wish I could tell how much I want you to stay away from Roman Catholicism... I'd even give you my cell if you'd call. No 150 reasons will ever pull me apart from God's Word. I pray that true Christianity would take you over by God's amazing grace, and that you would come to see the flagrant errors of the RCC found within the pages of Scripture. Thanks for emailing me a while back... I really do wish the best for you, but I do not believe you are on the right path right now. May God lead you there in a very short while!

See you, Jon...

October 30, 2006 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home