14 August 2008

The Muller

I hope you can all check out the blog of a good friend of mine- The Muller. Kevin is a "20-some-odd year old UF senior mulling over God, His Church, such philosophy as [he is] able to speak of, food, drink, music, literature, politics, and this world with all its wonder and sorrow." (from his profile)

Kevin's latest posts include some "mullings over" the lyrics of the song My Jesus, links to an essay on "The Theology of Pipe Smoking" (which refutes such heresies as that pipe smoking involves risk and should therefore be avoided), and an excellent post by Kevin on how Truth and Love must always be united.

Well, don't take my word for it. Especially since right now I am tired and in pain, and probably did a poor job of convincing you. Anyways- The Muller. Do it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

Ok, I'm gonna jump into this, even though I'm probably gonna get trounced in debate by 2 very intelligent gentlemen. ;)
But...
You guys totally missed the point of "My Jesus"! The "stained glass crowd" that Todd Agnew refers to are the legalists, the hypocrites...you know, the Pharisees. He's not trying to criticize church-goers, like you and me.

August 17, 2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger Ragekj said...

I just think the song has a tendency to conflate the two. Plus, as I tried to say in the post, it looks only at the failings of certain members of the Church. It gives it an overly individualistic sense and neglects, and to me almost sounds opposed to, the Church as Body of Christ. But if the song floats your boat, ignore my musings. They say I tend to over analyze anyways...

August 18, 2008 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

"it looks only at the failings of certain members of the Church."
Those certain members = the hypocrites of the church! That's who he's criticizing. He's not opposed to the Body of Christ. He's just talking to the modern-day Pharisees. At least, that's what I get out of it.
BTW, I don't like the song all that much, I just read your post and thought I'd stick my .02 in there...

August 18, 2008 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home