31 August 2008

Prayer Before Studies

Well, classes are starting to pick up here at the University of Florida. This is a really important semester for me, and I'm going to need all the help I can get! So off to the Patron Saints Index went I... and found St. Thomas Aquinas. I actually knew that he was a patron saint of universities and students, but such is the state of my mind right now. St. Thomas has a feast day on March 7 in the traditional calendar, though he has been transferred to January 28 in the modern calendar.

I found an excellent prayer before studies- though I'm not sure who authored it. Anyways, here it is.
"O incomprehensible Creator, the true Fountain of light, and only Author of all knowledge; vouchsafe, we beseech thee, to enlighten our understandings, and to remove from us all darkness of sin and ignorance. Give us a diligent and obedient spirit, quickness of apprehension, capacity of retaining, and the powerful assistance of thy holy grace; that what we hear or learn, we may apply to thy honor and the eternal salvation of our own souls, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."
There's another prayer that is attributed to St. Thomas Aquinas, which can be found here.

But for now, I am off to my studies. Saint Thomas Aquinas, pray for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home