31 August 2008

Some Acclaim for the Blog

I thought I would humor you with some comments that people have made about myself or the work on this blog. There's positive stuff out there, too, and I thank all of you who have left kind words for me. However... it's just not as funny as this stuff!


"[Reminds] me of a petulant child with a long stick that likes to stir up ant beds just for the sake of agitating and stressing the ants"

"Stupid Boy"

"strikes me as thoughtless and immature."

"[It's] sad how you think yourself superior to others and think of other denominations inferior to yours."

"Doesn't this sort of thing amount to Internet cyberstalking?"

"He appears to have no sense of humor"

"You sound like an exceptionally angry kid...and I'm sorry for you."

"These posts may come back to haunt you if a future employer or graduate school admissions committee ever googles you."

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerald Lamb said...

Congratulations! Just remember: the ad hominem attack is the next-to-last refuge of the person who has no answer for your argument and resents you for it.

Alas, I am still waiting for the first heckler to post on my own blog. It seems that none of my detractors want to publicly acknowledge my presence in the blogosphere. I suppose the "ignore him and he'll go away" approach is the last refuge of the person described above.

Keep up the good work, Jon. Those who call you divisive seem to think that there is unity in the error-prone, "lowest common denominator" approach. As Karl Keating has often said, there would be no need for emphasizing unity if everyone followed the true teachings of the Church to begin with. God bless!

Sincerely,
A Grateful Adherent Of A Superior Religion

August 31, 2008 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home