09 September 2008

The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary


First off, let me say I am really upset that I was not able to hear Mass today. Unfortunately, the feast of the Blessed Virgin's nativity fell on a Monday this year.... and Monday is the one day I can't get to Mass because of work and classes. Also, I hear that Father Eseke gave an awesome homily on Our Lady! RATS!!!! Oh well... anyways...

I'm really excited about this year. Father David Ruchinski gave an excellent presentation on Holy Mass at CSF tonight. He asked for comments from people who had attended a Traditional Latin Mass, and all of the remarks were extremely positive. Like a cry for the old Mass. Even though I had to put my trad tendencies aside to listen to the bit about the "renewal of the Liturgy" following the Second Vatican Council.... I was happy to hear that "when it comes to the Novus Ordo, the Church is still working out the bugs." It was interesting to hear a priest in Gainesville say this. Maybe I shouldn't write that here... well, I don't think it will do any harm. I will be offering many prayers for Father, and I encourage you to join me. On a side note, he chuckled when I said "ad orientem goodness".

Upcoming in the Church's calendar.... we have the Exaltation of the Holy Cross on September 14. Holy Cross day happens to be one of my favorite days in the calendar, and I hope to get some flowers to adorn the crosses in my room. September 14 also has some importance for us as it is the one year anniversary of the promulgation of the Holy Father's motu proprio Summorum Pontificum.

Well, I must get to bed! It is 1:15 and Rosary is in only 9 hours, followed by a full shift at my cataloging job at Smathers.

God bless!
Jon

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony M Piferrer said...

I sure hope Fr Ruchinski doesn't get run out of St A's like Fr Jan did. He was another nice orthodox Polish priest...

Sept 14 is Latin Mass day so that should be really neat. I'm looking forward to all of us getting together and heading down.

September 09, 2008 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home