19 October 2008

Archbishop Chaput: Pro-Obama Catholics a Disservice


Archbishop Charles Chaput (my favorite Capuchin!) of Denver has come out strong yet again for the unborn! See this article covered by Fox News.

"To suggest -- as some Catholics do -- that Senator Obama is this year's 'real' pro-life candidate requires a peculiar kind of self-hypnosis, or moral confusion, or worse."

Speaking about pro-Obama Catholics: "[they] have done a disservice to the church, confused the natural priorities of Catholic social teaching, undermined the progress pro-lifers have made, and provided an excuse for some Catholics to abandon the abortion issue instead of fighting within their parties and at the ballot box to protect the unborn."

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Did you read the most recent LA Times editorial by Prof. Doug Kmiec? He is no longer making a pro-life Catholic argument for Obama. He is arguing instead that the appropriate "Catholic" position is to be pro-choice. Unbelievable. Pay special attention to the third- and second-to-last paragraphs. Next thing you know, he'll be saying that the "Catholic" thing to do is to support federal funding for abortion as well, since, you know, that's so trendy these days:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-kmiec17-2008oct17,0,163397.story

If the leading pro-life/Catholic voice in the Obama campaign has given up the cause, then I don't know how I can even consider voting for Obama anymore. Despite McCain's failings, I know which candidate I'm supporting now. Spread the word.

October 21, 2008 12:43 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Knox said...

Wow- Kmiec is walking a fine line. He's right in a couple areas, but yeah, that 'choice' bit is out there. Sounds like that ol' slippery slope again.

I can't wait for this election to be over. May God help us, whatever the outcome!

October 21, 2008 1:00 AM  
Blogger Anthony M Piferrer said...

The guy is an imbecile. That's the most fitting word I can think of off the bat.

I'm soooooo tired of beating this dead horse, but must I say again that B Hussein O says NOTHING when he speaks. He is the epitome of Orwellian doublespeak- he can say completely contradictory things in the same sentence and believe them wholeheartedly and without hesitation. "I am pro-life but I totally support abortion as an option". I've never seen such perversion in my life, especially not in a public figure.

See, if I wanted to, I could say that Hussein O is pro-life, likes Gregorian chant, is Catholic, enjoys aviation, etc. and it'd be ok because THE MAN IS A TABULA RASA. There's nothing! It's incomprehensible to me!! He's the quintessential liberal, and the master of deception. Any 'Catholic' who falls for the trap, or anyone for that matter, doesn't deserve to live in so great a country as this. They'd be better off in Cuba or North Korea as far as I'm concerned.

October 21, 2008 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home