15 February 2009

College Student Cooking

I made spaghetti tonight.

On a recent trip to Publix using the always reliable (reliably late) RTS- I picked up a few boxes of spaghetti and various sauces- marinara, tomato and basil, etc.. so tonight after Holy Mass I decided to cook some dinner.

Setting up the kitchen


When one is cooking 'Italian', one needs Italian music! Mr. Josh Groban provided the ambiance.


The busy college life sometimes demands that one leave dirty pots and pans in the room for a few days or so. Make sure to scrub your pots!


Time to get the marinara sauce started. I mean, I poured it out of the jar... there's not much to do here. Let it sit on a low setting and remember to stir it!


There goes the spaghetti! I used a little under half a pound (about half the box) for myself. About 1.5 cups of the sauce should cover it.


Reeses Pieces!! We have a side dish!


Sierra Mist goes well with spaghetti and marinara. Here's a little trick I learned at a restaurant in France.

Oh! What's that noise at the bird feeder!?
Ursus americanus... of course. Silly bear! Get down from there! The birds will be scared away for a few days.

Meanwhile...

The finished product! Voila! Good, easy, cheap!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Knox said...

The inspiration...

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/01/soup-and-bird-baths/

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2008/12/fun-with-corks-and-wine-bottles/

February 15, 2009 10:59 PM  
Blogger Anders longs for Orthodoxy... said...

Jon, I have to admit I laughed audible at this one. I also have a confession to make: I sent it to Fr. Z :-) I hope he says something.

February 15, 2009 11:12 PM  
Blogger Ragekj said...

Yeah, I hope you get a shout out on WDTPRS.

February 16, 2009 10:44 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yes, I immediately thought that someone has got Z fever. He might be flattered.

February 17, 2009 9:26 AM  
Blogger AMillionVoices said...

mmm. pasta.

March 24, 2009 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home