11 April 2009

Behold the Wood of the Cross


Behold the wood of the Cross, on which hung the Salvation of the world.

I hope all of you are having a most excellent Sacred Triduum so far. I have been blessed to be with many of my friends at Ocala for the traditional Mass of Holy Thursday and today's Sacred Liturgy with the chanting of the Passion, the great intercessions, and the veneration of the cross. Tomorrow night is a solemn high Mass for the Easter Vigil. I can't wait...

Today I watched the Passion of the Christ again. I firmly believe that everyone should watch this movie. It does such a good job of showing the suffering that Christ went through. He suffered so much because He loved us. I'm sure that there could have been an easier way for Him to shed His blood for our redemption. But God chose this most painful of deaths.

Now it was our sins that made Him go through with this. Every time we sin, we are just as bad as the Jews who spit in his face, or the Romans who scourged Him so violently. So I think it's a good idea to meditate frequently on the Passion of the Lord. Whenever we're tempted, we should put in our minds the suffering that Jesus endured.


I pray that you all have a good Holy Saturday, and a blessed Easter. It's almost here!

In Jesus and Mary,
Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home