08 April 2009

CSF Retreat, etc

I promised this a while ago... but I got sidetracked (explanation in the next post)

A few weeks ago I went with about 50 other college students to the second annual CSF Retreat. The retreat is a Eucharist-centered weekend full of talks, testimonies, daily Mass, and perpetual adoration. It is an amazing experience... and just what I needed when I needed it most. Retreats serve to take you out of your normal hustle and bustle and draw you closer to God.


My favorite thing about these retreats is the opportunity for adoration of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. As Catholics we believe that when Jesus said "This is my body" He really meant it! Jesus Christ is truly present in the Eucharist- this is the constant teaching of the Church back to the earliest Christians. So to be able to go to the chapel at four in the morning and kneel alone in front of Our Lord... wow.

Many thanks go to Father David Ruchinski, a good and holy priest who said Mass each day and led the various liturgical rites. Thanks also go to Father Gillespie and Father Bower, along with the other priests who came to hear many confessions late into the night.

Before I close this post out, I want to draw some attention to a new blog. My friend Cliff Whitty, a seminarian for the Diocese of Saint Petersburg has created Catholic Eye Candy. This blog features posts of beautiful images from our Church's tradition, tied together with a reflection. Go check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home